Sunday 27 October 2013

Lilian Busch

Lilian Busch
lilianbusch.com

'My work is primarily a mix of gold and silver.
I like the contrast and the tension between the two metals.
I like a rough, oxidised surface next to a highly polished edge.
I like a sparkling diamond on rusty metal.
I like the mystery of black pearls on woven gold and silver.
I like simplicity in design.                                                                    
One of the absolute highlights of my jewellery career was to be invited to exhibit at Electrum Gallery in London in October 2001 – it is one of the most internationally recognised and respected galleries on contemporary jewellery.

Tahitian Pearl Trophy UK: runner up in the brooch category in 2003, winner of three categories in 2005: bracelet, necklace, pearl row.

Short listed for The Balvenie Artisan Awards 2004.

In April 2007 Lesley Craze Gallery, London had a Spotlight on my work.

Roger Billcliffe Gallery, Glasgow have had Focus on my work in 2003, 2006 and 2008 and the gallery has always my work on display

No comments:

Post a Comment